San Luis Obispo, CA
Date Posted: April 22, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 355473
Commercial Lines Account Manager-Small Business Unit
Are you a Commercial Lines Account Manager with experience in SBU? Are you looking for a remote opportunity? We are looking for a Commercial Lines Account Manager in the San Luis Obispo area to help build and foster client relationships in there Small Business Unit. We are looking for an Account Manager with unwavering commitment to high-quality customer service, someone with in-depth knowledge of insurance coverages and who is able to give sound advice to a wide range of clientele. This is a temp to hire opportunity, however, if you live in the San Luis Obispo area and can work directly out of our client’s office this can be a direct hire position from the start.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly receives service requests from existing customers, insurance companies or staff and completes required actions by using sound judgment of best practices of insurance industry. Service requests can include coverage questions, billing questions, change requests and general advice and require timely, courteous and knowledgeable responses
- Always analyze accounts to be sure client files are updated and accurate by completing applications, reviewing policy documents, and obtaining additional or missing information from insured as necessary
- Often prepares and provides information to clients using effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications
- Normally reviews and analyzes insurance policies, endorsements, and certificates/evidences for appropriateness of coverage
- Regularly updates Supervisor on work status to allow for effective use of resources to meet service goals in the most prompt, accurate and positive manner
- Often meets in person or remotely with Supervisor, Sales Executives, and Marketing staff to determine renewal strategies for assigned accounts
- Regularly accesses and navigates numerous carrier websites to execute online inquiries and policy changes
- Frequently composes formats, finalizes, interprets, distributes, researches, compiles, calculates, analyzes, processes and maintains data in various forms using a variety of office equipment and software applications, including spreadsheets and databases
- Always maintains a concern for timeliness, completeness, and accuracy when interacting with clients, department staff, and carrier personnel to minimize potential for errors & omissions claims
- Constantly builds relationships/partnerships by listening attentively, solving problems creatively, and using tact and diplomacy to find common ground
- Frequently interfaces with internal partners in Accounting, Administration, Marketing, Operations, Risk Management, Sales and Support units to research and develop solutions for client needs
- Continually expands technical knowledge of market trends and company information to stay informed of current industry standards
- Always demonstrates an enthusiastic, flexible, dependable, and helpful attitude under pressure to achieve win-win outcomes
- Continuously offers innovative ideas and suggestions for the purpose of increasing productivity and efficiency in workflows
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Innate critical thinking ability, good analytical skills, highly organized, uses good judgment
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively (team player) consistently punctual and dependable.
- Able to recognize urgent tasks, learn and master new concepts, great interpersonal skills, positive work ethic
- Readily adaptable to changing priorities and direction, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meet tight deadlines without compromising quality, professional demeanor, problem solving skills
OTHER ESSENTIAL EXPECTATIONS
- Current California Property & Casualty license
- Constant, quick, and accurate use of a personal computer, agency automation system, calculator, scanner, and phone
- Proficiency in the mechanics and applications of various software programs, including but not limited to Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Windows, and Word
- An in-depth understanding of the Independent Insurance Agency system
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! email@example.com, 888-292-4440