Date Posted: March 18, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 350965
Liability Claims Adjuster (Auto and GL)
To help people. To help them navigate the complexities of the claims process when no one else will. Do you ever feel that the stack of claims cases you currently work on just seems to be getting bigger with no end in sight? Does it ever feel like you are running on a treadmill and working hard but no one is appreciative of your efforts? Are you just looking for something different as an adjuster? Do you want to see how your claims expertise can be used to help claimants? We are looking for someone to use all that claims knowledge to help on the consulting side of the claims industry. This is a rare claims opportunity that allows you to work as a claims advocate, helping your clients get better positive outcomes quickly and efficiently. You can help get claims accepted instead of getting them denied. As the Liability Claims Adjustor, you will be the primary point of contact for your customer’s auto and general liability claims. Providing customer support and guidance in the risk management and claims filing process. The Liability Claims Adjustor will be a fundamental part in indemnifying customers that have been in limbo for several months.
- Investigate, Evaluate, Negotiate, Settle or Deny Coverage, Liability, Property Damages
and/or Bodily Injuries on all assigned claim files from set-up through conclusion.
- Direct defense counsel and control legal expenses on litigated claims.
- Occasionally attend settlement Conferences and/or Trials under the direction of the Unit Supervisor.
- Responsible for adjusting basic to moderately complex monoline (i.e. Auto only) or basic
multiline (i.e. Auto, and GL) claims with a moderate level of supervision.
?An established, very reputable, non-profit admitted insurance organization. This company handles open pending insurance claims for customers that would otherwise have nowhere else to turn.
What we need from you
- Provide prompt, courteous and professional service.
- Determine coverage under both Insurance code 1063 and applicable insurance policies.
- Investigate coverage, liability and damages for all potential exposure.
- Establish and maintain timely and appropriate indemnity and expense reserves
- Maintain detailed Claim Notes, Diary, and updated Plans of Action in the Claim Notes to bring each assigned claim to conclusion
- Write appropriate denial letters, Reservation of Rights letters and other routine correspondence to insureds, claimants and other interested parties
- Evaluate, negotiate and settle (or deny) bodily injury and property damage claims.
- Prepare Authorization Requests for reserve and settlement authority on claims that exceed granted authority
- Direct defense counsel and control legal expenses on litigated claims
- Effectively manage all assigned claims in a timely and appropriate manner as evidenced by:
- Management claim file reviews
- Internal and external claim file audit reviews
- Appropriate compliance with California Insurance Code Section 1063 et seq.
- Appropriate compliance with Liability Claims Department Policies and Procedures Manual
- Documented analysis and evaluation of coverage, statutory law and liability defense
- Documented rationale of reserves and case value
- Appropriate and documented case dispositions.
- Exceptional customer service
- Effectively work harmoniously with all employees, vendors and the public
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be professional, detailed oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Work independently with moderate supervision
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Position Education and Experience Requirements:
Education: Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university preferred
Experience: At least three years of property/casualty claim experience in handling auto or homeowner claims or a combination of simple multiline claims such as auto, homeowner, GL or construction defect claims. Litigation experience preferred.
Special Knowledge: Intermediate Microsoft Office software skills, in particular, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook. Experience with Adobe Acrobat. Bi-lingual language skills are not required, but are a plus.
What's in it for You
Money, of course! But, just as important, the chance to start with a new company in the Atwater/Merced area. Although this is a temp-to-hire situation, our client offers a competitive salary and the chance to be a part of something much bigger than anything in this area in a long time. The temporary employment will last at least 1-2 years and if all goes well it will become a permanent position. Most importantly, the satisfaction of helping people when they need you most.