Rancho Cordova, CA
Date Posted: March 5, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 350245
Commercial Underwriter – Ranch Cordova, CA
Are you a Commercial Underwriter looking for an opportunity for growth? Our client in the Sacramento area is looking for an experienced, highly motivated Commercial Underwriter. Our client has been in business for over 10 years and Our clients experience and dedication to the industry are unparalleled as they continue to develop new lines of coverage to provide producers and policyholders with comprehensive insurance protection for their unique business needs.. So, when you make your next career move you may just want to make it here.
The Commercial Underwriter’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Assist with commercial lines renewal underwriting
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence
- Negotiating rates and terms with carriers
- Discuss coverage & forms with retail brokers
- Assist with the sales process on new & renewal business
- Other duties as assigned
- An Active P&C license is required
- 3-5 years’ underwriting commercial multi-line insurance experience is preferred
- Familiarity with Agency Management Systems and be able to adapt to new software programs and changes in technology
- Professional designations are preferred and highly encouraged during employment
- Strong PC skills including Word & Excel
- Must be sales & production driven
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred
- Must be detail-oriented and possess the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others in a production team environment
- Committed to excellent customer service
- Experience in the Cannabis Industry a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- This company offers a competitive salary and an excellent employee benefits package.
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.