Date Posted: April 22, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 346647
Senior Claims Representative – Professional Liability
The Senior Claims Representative will coordinate, manage and properly direct the complex handling of general liability and professional liability claims with very little supervision. Must be in accordance with mandated state claims handling guidelines.
Our client is looking for someone who is highly experienced in medical malpractice claims, TORT claims, working with outside counsel and managing the claim from start to finish. Has experience handling many different claims and resolutions. The ideal candidate would be someone with lead/manager experience and looking to take on more responsibility in time. The department would benefit from someone who is collaborative, a creative problem solver, team oriented, and enjoys training/supporting other team members.
This position would report to the Claims Manager, and would work on a team of 6 with varying degrees of claims handling experience. At this time, the position doesn’t offer a remote work schedule. Typical office hours are 830am-530pm with some flexibility based on dept. needs.
- High School diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ general and professional liability litigation/claims experience
- Advanced degrees in medicine, law, or related areas desirable
- Advanced knowledge of general and professional liability coverage, legal principles, contracts, insurance codes, California Tort Law pleadings and court procedures required
- Requires the ability to review legal documents and make coverage decisions
- Proven analytical skills vital to decision making and resolve conflict in such areas as application of coverage to submitted claims, application of policy exclusions and exceptions, application of laws of jurisdiction to investigate facts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively communicate and/or negotiate with attorneys, agents, policyholders, claimants, and general public
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to effectively train, coach, and provide feedback to less experienced associates
- Proven personal computer skills with adept use of claims and business software
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 401k match, profit sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Wellness Program
- Casual Fridays
- Learning and leadership opportunities
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.