El Dorado Hills, CA
Date Posted: February 11, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 345977
Underwriter/Account Manager – Commercial Lines - Sacramento, CA
Our client, a nationally licensed commercial wholesaler in the Folsom area, is looking for an experienced Underwriter with experience in providing insurance solutions for Homeowner’s Associations, Condos, Planned Unit Developments as well as other small business accounts. This company has grown consistently year over year and this position offers tremendous opportunity for growth.
- Reviewing coverage apps. and making sure they are complete. Focus on compliance and adherence to specific carrier partner underwriting guidelines
- Market accounts to appropriate carriers for quotes
- Follow up with agents/clients with requests for missing information
- Provide and maintain excellent customer service standards; respond timely to questions from agents and/or brokers
- Proactively solicit policy renewals per company timeline policy
- Prepare and deliver insurance proposals to agents
- Facilitate bind orders in a timely order
- Assist with key metrics. For example; renewal retention ratio, new business hit ratio, loss ratio and premium growth communicating curative action where needed
- Build and sustain connection with brokers, insurance carriers, and agents
- Train and mentor Assistant Underwriters when necessary
Required Skills and qualifications
- No less than 7-10 years’ exp. as an Account Manager (Retail) specific too small/medium size accounts.
- California P&C license a must
- 4 year college degree is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of underwriting regulatory and coverage issues
- Detail oriented; must be thorough and accurate and have the ability to monitor own work for quality sureness
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, facilitation, interpersonal, oral and communication skills
- Tested and proven analytical skills and problem resolution
- Capacity to identify and manage problems self-sufficiently according to recognized procedures
- Solid computer knowledge – including agency management system understanding such as AMS360 and/or similar system, Microsoft Office suite along with the ability to learn new and intricate computer applications
- Capability to multi-task, effectively prioritize as well as adapt quickly with little to no supervision
Compensation & Benefits
- Full time, direct hire position
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits, 401k with match and paid time off
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.