Date Posted: December 19, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 340856
Property and Casualty Claims Specialist
To help people. To help them navigate the complexities of the claims process. Do you ever feel that the stack of claims cases you currently work on just seems to be getting bigger with no end in sight? Does it ever feel like you are running on a treadmill and working hard but getting nowhere? Are you just looking for something different in claims? Do you want to see how your claims expertise can be used to help claimants? We are looking for someone to use all that claims knowledge to help on the consulting side of the claims industry. This is a rare claims opportunity that allows you to work as a claims advocate, helping your clients get better positive outcomes quickly and efficiently. You can help get claims accepted instead of getting them denied. As the Commercial Claims Specialist, you will be the primary point of contact for agency clients and carrier representatives. Providing customer support and guidance in the risk management and claims filing process. The Claims Specialist will be a fundamental part in ensuring client retention and satisfaction during the claims progression.
- Work directly with clients to assess risk and proactively help minimize potential claims by assessing potential risk hazards
- Get to assist in presentations and conduct face-to-face meetings with clients on a regular basis
- Coordinate the claims communication and processes between the client and carrier, to ensure efficient flow of claims filing
- Create and maintain an environment that fosters superior customer service and support
- Work closely with clients to help gather the appropriate information to file a claim
- Keep in steady contact with carriers and representatives throughout each claim process
- Maintain claim files, diary, and/or record keeping, etc.
- Review and audit regularly
- Assist clients with basic coverage questions and interpret policy language
- Help clients accurately file claims
- Provide a monthly large loss report as well as a monthly list of claim denials
?An established, very reputable, and one of the largest privately-held insurance brokerages in the nation. The company has stayed current and sustained growth by offering the newest lines of coverage in the ever changing landscape of a technologically advanced market. People stay at the company because they work hard to develop lasting client relationships.
What we need from you
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an agency or company adjuster
- Strong technical insurance knowledge including coverage and product knowledge as well as agency functions and procedures
- Ability to travel to insureds, prospects, or companies as needed
- Microsoft Office Suite experience and knowledge required (intermediate to advanced)
- Experience working with an agency management system, Applied Systems is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively via email, over the phone and in person
- P&C license and or a combination of education and professional insurance designations
What's in it for You
Money, of course! The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health, medical, vision, dental, 401k, vacation policy, sick time and paid holidays. You may even have the flexibility of working from home on occasion. Most importantly, the satisfaction of helping people when they need you most.