Date Posted: October 8, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 328611
Employee Benefits Account Manager – Large Groups – Lafayette, CA
Our client, a large insurance broker in the bay area, providing a full range of retail insurance products including employee benefits is looking for an Employee Benefits Account Manager with large group experience. This organization is looking for a bright individual who is friendly and hardworking and has the potential to take on promotions down the road. Our client prides itself on promoting from within, in fact, several employees have gone on to build careers in other roles within the company.
- Actively work on an existing book of employee benefits business, including marketing, servicing and renewing assigned accounts
- Work with team to prepare requests for proposals for both new and renewal business which includes gathering information, packaging, selecting markets, distributing, tracking and following up on carrier proposals
- Prepare and present proposals to clients and prospective clients
- Understand and stay abreast of carriers’ products and contracts for all health and disability lines of coverage
- Ability to negotiate rates and benefits with carriers
- Ability to read and prepare analysis of experience rated accounts
- Prepare a written annual account plans for designated accounts
- Intake and assessment of client service, administrative, regulatory and legislative issues from client
- Meet with client based on established client size/service protocols, as well as follow up with outstanding issues
- Assist the client in all aspects of open enrollment to include set up, scheduling carriers, open enrollment handouts and announcement preparation, packet delivery and conducting meetings
- For larger clients, preparation and delivery of ERISA calendar
- Work hand in hand with other producers to help win new accounts
- Comfortable with small annual sales goals
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Large Group Benefits Account Manager/Account Executive
- Sales experience is a plus, but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely responsible
- Pleasant phone manner
- Professional appearance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a plus
- Ability to multi-task effectively and work independently
Excellent Benefits including 401K, Profit Sharing, medical, dental, vision and more.
Based on experience
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.