Date Posted: September 12, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 327325
Have you been thinking it might be time for a change? Imagine working for a company that values everything you have to bring to the table. Imagine landing a position to further your career with a company that’s been successfully in business for over 30 years. As the Insurance Audit and Underwriting Assistant, your role is critical to the continued success of the company. Take the next step in your career today!
Our client offers a gratifying environment and looks for individuals who will work as part of a team to continuously improve its quality as an insurance company. This position is temporary, however there could be opportunity for hire depending on the needs of the company at the time the assignment comes to an end.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as administrative support to the Workers' Comp Premium Audit Department and well ad the underwriting department
- Assist with conducting and processing premium audits for workers’ compensation policies
- Assists with client interviews to obtain information regarding the client’s operations and business model to achieve a good working knowledge and analysis of the risks
- Compiles accounting and other operational records for accuracy in preparation of audit
- Assists with gathering employee job classifications based on job role and responsibilities and exposure to hazard
- Work with outside audit vendor(s) when physical audits are requested and assist in the processing of the vendor audits
- Work with accounting department as needed
- Work with underwriting department processing changes and other administrative duties as assigned
- Additional duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative role and/or working in the workers' compensation field.
- Strong administrative skills
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation functions and procedures, including state and regulatory guidelines a plus
- Must possess excellent project management, organizing and planning skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve issues of a complex nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively influence and interact with internal and external business partners
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, accounting systems and applications, and other business-related software systems
- Must have strong technical ability to be able to train quickly and work on new computer software
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.