Date Posted: December 7, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 326490
Sales Executive – Surety - Sacramento, CA
The Sales Executive will be focused on surety accounts, creating new business opportunities while maintaining a very high retention rate on existing clients. Ideal candidates will have experience with or a clear understanding of surety bonds with a proven commercial sales and retention record, current community and business relationships, strong work ethic, motivation and determination.
- Conduct face-to-face sales meetings with prospective and current clients
- Develop and maintain a strong business plan to manage and grow client relationships
- Survey and educate prospects and clients to determine insurance needs, reviewing current insurance policies and risk management plans and provide the most appropriate program coverage recommendations
- Continuously cross-selling or up-selling products and services as appropriate
- Stay abreast of current industry changes and participate in continuing education opportunities
- Flexibility to travel for client appointments
- Support clients by providing technical support, product education, etc.
- Provide superior customer service
- Work directly with Account Managers and other team members to write business
- Implement marketing strategies to gain new business
- Maintain accurate record in agency management system
- Assist with claims issues as they arise
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Active California P&C license
- 3+ years of commercial sales experience, specifically with surety bonds and/or construction required
- Knowledge of a variety of commercial lines accounts
- Knowledge of and experience in all commercial insurance markets/carriers preferred
- Ability to travel within the territory up to 80% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently while keeping open communication with the team
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and meet deadlines and goals
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of activity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a results driven culture
- Flexible with ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, presentation and time management skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive base salary and commission split on new business
- Full medical and dental benefits offered to employee along with other voluntary options
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.