Date Posted: August 28, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 325155
Claims Examiner – P&C Liability
Are you ready to work for one of the best? Join a company where it’s pride is in not what they do but how they do it. Our client, a third party claims administrator in Sacramento, is looking for an experienced Claims Examiner for a full-time temporary, with possibility for temp to hire, position. The Claims Examiner works independently to review, analyze and process moderate to complex property and casualty claims including Commercial Auto, General Liability, Inland Marine and Commercial Property to ensure the delivery of quality and cost effective service to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, investigate, analyze and determine settlement value or denial of liability for severe to major P&C claims
- Manage litigation process by working with counsel and adhere to litigation guidelines to include budget, bill review and payment
- Prepare comprehensive reports as required. Identify and communicate specific claim trends and account and/or policy issues to management.
- Establish appropriate reserves, within prescribed settlement authority, for both indemnity and expense and reviews on a regular basis to ensure adequacy and make recommendations to set reserves at appropriate level for claims outside of authority level
- Document and manage claims from initiation to conclusion
- Coordinate and work with a vendor services such as appraiser, independent adjusting firms, contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Serve as the liaison between claimants, clients, brokers and attorneys in resolution of liability claims.
- Provide superior customer service
- Maintain required licenses
- Other duties ad assigned
- Minimum of 5 or more years’ experience in commercial insurance claims and a strong understanding of commercial insurance policies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- California Adjuster License and/or claims designations
- Both litigated and non-litigated claims experience required
- Ability to rely on knowledge, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Knowledge of tort law, civil procedure and contract law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer literate with excellent typing skills and experience navigating various computer systems, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook and database management.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! firstname.lastname@example.org, 888-292-4440