Date Posted: October 8, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 325018
Human Resources & Operations Manager – Sacramento, CA
Do you have experience that will allow you to take the next step in your career as the Human Resources & Operations Manager? We are searching for and exceptional candidate to help lead an ever-growing insurance organization in the Sacramento area. The Human Resources Director will be responsible for providing exceptional leadership and effective management in all HR and Operational functions. As key member of the organization’s leadership team, the HR & Operations Director maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, an evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, and practices. The person in this role is also expected to lead with a clear view of the organization’s goals and consistently deliver results to assist in achieving those goals.
- Responsible for all functions dealing with the needs and activities of the organization's people
- Recruit and interview potential new employees
- Conduct and compile compensation data research to ensure the organization stays competitive in the market
- Lead employee trainings and teambuilding activities and provide mentorship and coaching
- Responsible for performance management, benefits administration, policy recommendations and all employee relations
- Develops processes and plans that support the achievement of the organization's business goal
- Stays abreast of and ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resources federal and state requirements
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating and recommending human resources policies and procedures
- Assists and advises company managers on Human Resources issues and advocates for both the company and the people who work within the organization
- Develops an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, employee retention, development and high performance
- Provides outline of benefits programs to employees and answers benefits questions
- Manage all of the day-to-day office operations
- Performs other duties as requested by the executive team
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an upper level Human Resources role preferable within an insurance organization
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related area of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with a broad range of HR covering all aspects of the employee lifecycle from recruitment to exit
- Experience with hiring, firing, employee counsel and sexual harassment investigation
- Strong knowledge of Employment Law and Benefits Administration
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to coach, mentor and train
- Strong business acumen including financial planning and analysis; must be able to manage within budget and time constraints
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to use or learn a human resources information system
- Very strong PC skills including spreadsheets
- SPHR, PHR or other degree or certification strongly preferred
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.