San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: September 20, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 324332
If you have experience in employee benefits handling various sized groups, customer service and processing, we are looking for your expertise. Our client is seeking a strong, self-motivated candidate who can manage and maintain a book of business with little supervision. The Employee Benefits Account Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management, processing and customer service on the book of business.
PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE
- Management of an assigned block of business directly related to 1-2 Producers, primarily for client groups with 50+ lives.
- Expected Revenue of assigned book is $500,000+.
- Accounts may be fully insured, partially self-funded, or, self-insured.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing pre-renewal, renewal, and marketing reports.
- Comparing health plan benefits and costs.
- Calculating Employee Contributions and working out contribution strategies to meet client’s budgetary requirements.
- Prepare annual client service plans.
- Assisting with preparation of Quarterly and Annual Experience Reports
- Assisting with or Conducting annual open enrollment meetings, health fairs and webinars.
- Collecting new client information and entering data into HIB client management system.
- Authoring correspondence, communication materials, and compliance notices as required.
- Assisting client with Group Applications and policy termination notices.
- Maintain an action calendar for the Team(s).
- Relationship manager with client and carriers.
- Thorough documentation required on each account with proper E&O procedures strictly followed.
- Assist with the client 5500 processing and Open Enrollment/Client Meetings as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist the Producer to organize and meet meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of employee benefits/health plan implementation and administration.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience in, regulatory issues such as ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, as well as various state and federal regulations specific to health insurance.
- Ability to negotiate rates and benefits with carriers.
- High School Graduate / College Degree Preferred.
- Two or more years working in group health insurance, or benefit brokerage/consulting.
- CA Life and Disability license required.