Date Posted: September 27, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 322284
Loss Control Consultant – Workers’ Comp & Property/Liability
If you have a background in loss control and/or claims in workers’ compensation and property or liability with knack for client interaction, this career opportunity may just be the perfect fit for you. This position is with a hardworking, ever growing, retail agency that is looking for candidates with a strong background in operation safety and claims.
As the Loss Control Consultant you will be the primary point of contact for carrier representatives and agency clients providing customer support and guidance in the risk management, loss control, safety and claims filing process. The Loss Control Consultant will be a fundamental part in ensuring client retention, safety and satisfaction.
- Work directly with clients to assess risk and proactively help minimize potential claims by assessing potential risk hazards in both the workers’ comp and property/liability realms
- Responsible for face-to-face meetings with clients on a regular basis
- Provide recommendations for implementing processes and procedures to address and reduce discovered potential risks
- Coordinate the claims communication and processes between the client and carrier, to ensure efficient flow of claims filing
- Create and maintain an environment that fosters customer service
- Work closely with clients to help gather the appropriate information to file a claim
- Keep in steady contact with carriers and representatives throughout each claim process
- Maintain claim files, diary, and/or record keeping, etc.
- Review and audit regularly
- Answer basic coverage questions and interpret policy language
- Responsible for accurate filing of all claims
- Other administrative duties pertaining to claims as needed
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent of 5+ years relevant experience in loss control consulting and/or claims handling with proven experience managing complex claims including analysis, investigation and evaluation
- Strong understanding of OSHA regulations, hazardous materials and Business Plan requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and all third parties
- Ability to travel on a regular basis (mostly day trips with occasional overnight travel)
- Microsoft Office Suite experience and knowledge required (intermediate to advanced)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively via email, over the phone and in person
- P&C license and or a combination of education and professional insurance designations required
- Working knowledge of Applied EPIC agency management system
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 401k, vacation, sick time and paid holidays
- Auto and cell phone allowance and expenses offered
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.