Date Posted: August 28, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 322046
Commercial Lines Account Manager – Sacramento, CA
Have you been thinking about making career move? Now just might be the time to take that leap for a fresh new opportunity. Our client, a small local office with a large book of business, is looking for a Commercial Lines Account Manager in the Sacramento area. Join a team where it feels like family and the drive for personal and professional growth is very present.
The Account Manager role requires an individual who is professional and displays the drive, determination, and self-motivation to help build business. Specifically, your mission will be to service and maintain existing accounts while uncovering opportunities for increasing business.
Responsibilities of the Account Manager:
- Provides a high level of support to Producers in maintaining and expanding business
- Manage a book of business, while acting with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making
- Provides professional, courteous service to clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and company employees
- May also be responsible for account rounding through cross-selling
- Oversees the preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts
- Acquires understanding of clients’ insurance objectives and analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability
- Stays up on changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes
- Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business
- May manages, organize, and conduct client meetings when necessary
- Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all notes in the agency management systems when necessary and ensures the accuracy of data in those systems
- May supports, mentor and train lower level Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers, as necessary
- Attend industry related continuing education training and courses
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years as an Account Manager and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Account Management role in required lines
- Current P&C license
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems
- Ability to work in a positive team environment
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at HUB’s facility(s) and ability to travel on business when required
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC)
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.