San Rafael, CA
Date Posted: June 6, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 313598
Senior Commercial Lines Account Manager/Account Executive – San Rafael, CA
Are you loving the administrative side of the commercial insurance industry but want to take the next step and become more involved with client contact? We have an exceptional opportunity with a large retail agency in San Rafael for someone who thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys fostering client relationships. This is not a sales role but serves an integral part in the sales and retention process working directly with the Commercial Producer.
- Manage assigned book of business while serving as the Producers right hand person, including servicing and/or solicitation activities
- Act as direct point of contact for client from time of lead as well as lead representative for the assigned book of business
- Manage all clients required services and maintain client relationships with minimal input or direction from the Producer
- Manage mid-market book of business through direction of the employees on the service team
- Receive and develop new business leads from Producers or identify and develop cross-sell opportunities
- Participate in team selling process including finalist interviews and request for proposal responses
- Prepare and present renewal analysis to clients
- Sell renewal business to existing clients and sell additional lines of coverage when applicable
- Promotes additional agency services to clients
- Provides analysis and recommendations concerning clients existing coverage
- Select carrier for solicitation and negotiate with carriers benefit and premium considerations
- Receive and respond to client inquiries including benefit and claim questions and issues
- Review client coverage contracts and amendments for accuracy
- Manage and negotiate third party vendor relationships and contracts on behalf of the client
- Manage dedicated service team
- Serve as the technical expert, assisting department members to resolve complex issues
- Create new clients sales opportunities and/or marketing ideas
- Engage in optimal and appropriate usage of applicable agency management system
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years’ experience working in a high level Commercial Account Manager role with a retail agency
- Strong experience with some Construction accounts required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be willing and able to continue to meet continuing education requirements for license renewal
- Willingness to complete continuing education to obtain applicable insurance designations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work within a team and foster team work
- Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in an Agency Management System such as; TAM/Applied, AMS360, Sagitta, EPIC, etc.
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is a full time, direct hire position located in Fresno
- Very competitive salary plus exceptional benefits package
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.