Date Posted: July 11, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 313539
Worker’s Compensation Claims Supervisor
Our client, a large third party claims administrator, is looking for a Claims Supervisor for their Norristown, PA office. The Claims Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing a team, ensuring that productivity, customer service and quality criteria are met while following company policies and procedures. The Claims Supervisor position is fundamental to the success of the company and requires regular and consistent attendance, supporting the goals of claims department and of the organization.
- Supervise claims staff in day-to-day operations
- Ensure compliance with Workers' Compensation laws and mandated regulatory reporting requirements
- Assure maximum performance of the team through continued training and coaching, along with regular performance evaluations
- Provide technical and jurisdictional guidance to claims staff regarding complex compensability, investigation, litigation issues and service account instructions
- Serve as liaison, suggesting and executing final resolution for clients and employees regarding claim-specific, procedural or special requests
- Participate in Customer Claim Reviews and Presentations
- Adhere to HIPPA regulations, policies, and procedures
- Responsible for regular and consistent attendance
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Support Claims Manager in staff recruitment, interviews and training of new staff on procedures and job-related functions
- Follow all company policies, best practices and procedures
- Take on additional projects and duties as assigned
Required knowledge, skills and education
- Minimum of 5 years' experience handling claims with 3-5 years of New Jersey claims handling experience
- 3+ years of experience serving as a Supervisor/Manager
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with conducting client presentations
- Ability to effectively assist with training of team members to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice
- Effective measureable, analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong customer service
- Ability to participate in occasional overnight travel to attend meetings if needed
- Ability to remain composed in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, etc.
- Strong computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize various office systems including MS Office Suite and Excel spreadsheets
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong knowledge of the claims administration, case management and cost containment solution as applicable to Workers' Compensation
- Current license or certification in Workers' Compensation must be maintained throughout employment
- Self-Insured Certificate highly preferred
- State Certification as an experienced examiner
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.