Menlo Park, CA
Date Posted: October 16, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 312148
Employee Benefits Senior Account Manager/Account Executive
Are you loving the administrative sales support side of the employee benefits industry but want to take the next step and become more involved with client contact? We have an exceptional opportunity with a large retail agency in Novato for someone who thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys fostering client relationships. This is not a sales role but serves an integral part in the sales and retention process working directly with the Benefits Producer.
- Manage assigned book of business while serving as the Producer’s right hand person, including servicing and/or solicitation activities
- Manage book of mid to large size employee groups by acting as the lead representative to an assigned book-of-business
- Direct employees on service team to ensure client retention
- Receive and develop new business leads from Producers or identifies and develops cross-sell opportunities
- Participate in team selling process including finalist interviews and RFP responses
- Prepare and presents to client renewal analysis;
- Sell renewal business to existing clients and where applicable and/or sell additional lines of coverage
- Promote to clients other services offered by the agency by way of preparing Producer Service Proposals
- Provide analysis and recommendations concerning client's existing coverages
- Select carriers for solicitation and negotiate with carriers for benefit and premium considerations
- Receive and respond to client inquiries including benefit and claim questions and issues
- Review client coverage contracts and amendments for accuracy
- Manage and negotiate third party vendor relationships and contracts on behalf of the client
- Serve as technical expert, assisting department members to resolve complex issues
- Create new client sales opportunities
- Collect fees, reconciliation and resolution of any outstanding balances within 60 days of invoicing date
- Comply with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information)
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience working in a high level Employee Benefits Account Manager role with a retail agency
- Active California Life & Health license
- Strong experience a mid to large sized benefit groups
- Knowledge of various carriers and their benefits plans
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be willing and able to continue to meet continuing education requirements for license renewal
- Willingness to complete continuing education to obtain applicable insurance designations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work within a team and foster team work
- Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in an Agency Management System such as; TAM/Applied, AMS360, Sagitta, EPIC, etc.
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is a full time, direct hire position located in Fresno
- Very competitive salary plus exceptional benefits package
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.