Date Posted: June 28, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 308771
Commercial Lines Associate Broker Representative
Our client, a large, well-known MGA is looking for Associate Brokers for its Lodi and Sacramento territory. This company strives to promote a work environment that supports career development and professional growth. This company also understands that while salary is a very important aspect in any career, there is more to compensation than salary which is why it offers rewards in benefits, bonuses, training and development and employee recognition.
The Associate Broker is responsible for working with an assigned book of agency business and within underwriting authority and company guidelines to make sound risk decisions. The Associate Broekr will establish and foster broker relationships for steady production. Responsible for pricing on behalf of the company for new business and renewal applications, continuously driving towards company growth, profitability, and retention objectives.
- Conduct timely and thorough underwriting of all commercial risks in a manner that supports company goals and guidelines and will produce an underwriting profit
- Monitor and manage assigned new business, loss ratios, and retention results
Review submissions and identify exposure and risk from information provided
Analyzes policies and endorsements to identify errors, omissions or discrepancies to ensure agreement with application
- Responsible for the continued growth of the book of business by promptly responding to questions, concerns and complaints from agents, policyholders and internal staff
- Underwrite renewal business and handle related servicing.
- Keep abreast of changes in the marketplace, changes in coverage and/or policy forms
- Responsible for attending and actively participating in projects, seminars, claims and risk management functions as directed by management.
- Responsible for contacting, assisting with application completion, processing quotations and explaining the insurance contracts/premium basis to prospective applicants on a timely basis.
- Under management direction, responsible for researching and analyzing underwriting topics related to state regulatory requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Take continuing education classes to keep agency licenses current.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, industry experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree
- 5+ years’ experience in a Commercial Underwriting role with authority for any type of commercial risks
- Completed industry designations (AINS, AU, and CPCU) or possess strong desire to obtain
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel as-needed to build rapport with agents in assigned territories
- Deliver professional service that creates a collaborative and consultative environment
Compensation & Benefits:
- This company offers a competitive salary with production bonuses, a strong benefits package along with a 401k, paid time off for vacation and sick time as well as paid holidays
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.