Redwood City, CA
Date Posted: May 15, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 306396
Our client, a full service and long established regional insurance agency near San Jose known for innovation and customer service is looking for a self-starter to take on a Benefits Consultant role in its Group Benefits Department. The Benefits Consultant is responsible for the retention of clients and their existing book of business and the strategic management of their accounts. The Consultant will oversee strategy, financial analysis, benefit design, plan renewals, benchmarking, and overall service delivery.
- Consults with clients and potential clients to understand their business needs; demonstrates advanced knowledge of the client’s industry including trends, technology, challenges and government regulations with demonstrated ability to match optimal insurance products to the client’s business needs
- Identifies potential risks and develops sophisticated benefit design and renewal strategies to drive the development of solutions to address complex client issues and manage results/costs to the client’s business
- Learn and consistently train on the group benefits product and stay abreast with changes in the industry
- Prioritizes and manages work flow on desk, ensuring all processes are addressed per policies and procedures
- Works closely with Client Executive on pre-renewal strategy, RFP distribution, open enrollment strategy and post renewal analysis
- Support and utilize webinars and seminars by personally inviting prospects and customers to events
- Be a spokesperson for the agency as well as a positive leader in the risk management industry. Promote agency and insurance industry in the community
- Set up and provide open enrollment meetings at employers’ offices to groups and individuals as requested.
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified niches.
- Complete thorough discovery process with each prospect to determine where we can most effectively meet their needs through risk management and insurance programs. Collect detailed risk and underwriting information and work with benefits team to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Active California Life and Health Agents/Brokers License in good standing
- Four- year degree from an accredited college or university or three years or more of successful business-to-business selling experience at one company
- This position requires a minimum of three years of employee benefits experience with demonstrated successful sales results.
- Ability to manage increased levels of responsibility
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Agency Management Systems; ability to use Internet and adapt to new software programs and changes in technology
- Ability to set priorities and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to solve practical problems; deal with concrete variables in situations; and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Strong negotiation and persuasive skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Starting salary plus commission split, expense reimbursement and a robust agency benefit package
- In-house training and customer service support
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.