Date Posted: March 13, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 300629
Insurance Rating and Marketing Team Supervisor
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Is it time to promote to the Supervisor role you’ve been day dreaming about? Our client, a very well-knows organization in the Fresno area is looking for an exceptional candidate to support and manage a team of professionals providing clients with excellent service in the consultation, marketing and placement of their commercial lines and specialty accounts.
The Team Supervisor is responsible for providing direct supervision and management of the Rating/Marketing Team and continuous development and improvement of employees.
- Work directly with clients while also assisting the team with escalated issues
- Gain clear understanding and knowledge of the day to day duties of the Marketing Consultants and Marketing Specialists to be able to assist each as needed
- Work with the executive team and Risk Management Consultant to help further develop the Marketing Team’s capabilities to handle large diverse and complex accounts
- Act as the primary Company Relationship Manager with our carriers and preferred vendors as assigned by Vice President
- Participate in carrier meetings, sharing appetite and other related information with entire Marketing Team and Member & Company Relations
- Attend various meetings and events, both on site and off site, with travel as needed (including overnight)
- Aid in new client prospecting, on-boarding and training
- Develop standard operating procedures, workflows and department policies.
- Develop a complete understanding and knowledge of the company’s internal client/members’ Intranet and have the ability to instruct others in navigation
- Grow & promote the various companies that the organization represents according to business strategies
- Field questions and respond to inquiries from clients on accounts, carrier appetites, and carrier websites
- Review all assigned new business submissions to ensure that they meet service standards
- Maintain quote service standards for providing the carriers approached letter and providing timely quotes or premium indications
- Underwrite, qualify, rate/quote/submit/issue commercial lines accounts submitted by the organization’s members
- Use various online resources such the internal Intranet, carrier websites, Compline, ISOTEL, etc.
- Report on underwriting and pricing changes for carriers in the company’s monthly department meetings
- Keep apprised of trends and techniques to maintain a competitive status for the members within the industry
- Maintain virtual underwriting files for carrier audits
- Train team members and member agency staff as requested
- Perform other duties as requested and assigned
- Demonstrate insurance professionalism, passionate about doing the right thing, leads by example, takes initiative and invests in building a cohesive team
- Achieve a high level of multi- tasking abilities while also being available to assist others on the team and to complete quotes.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5 years P&C experience
- P&C license (or must obtain one within 90 days)
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial lines insurance coverage
- A High School Diploma, preferred college diploma, experience in the insurance industry, and experience in leading and mentoring others
- Acceptable driving record, valid California drivers license, valid personal auto insurance
- Surplus brokerage license is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced multiple tasking, high levels of disruption and ever-changing environment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, perform 90% sedentary work with the occasional bending, stooping and stretching to file and exert up to 25 pounds force
- Demonstrated ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language and interpret abstract information
- Basic computer or data entry skills; a working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel, Outlook and Adobe are preferred
- Ability to fulfill job responsibilities through acceptable attendance and a positive attitude
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physical or mental needs of employees
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.