San Jose, CA
Date Posted: June 6, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 298163
We are looking for a self-starter to take on an Account Manager role in the Group Benefits Department fo our insurance agency client. The Employee Benefits Account Executive is responsible for the sales of new and existing group benefit accounts as well as retention on the current book of business.
- Maintain knowledge of employee benefit carrier products and services.
- Prioritizes and manages work flow on desk, ensuring all processes are addressed per policies and procedures
- Set up and provide open enrollment meetings at employers’ offices to groups and individuals as requested. Coordinate carrier/GA support as needed
- Consistently cross sell existing customers, making sure that they have all lines of business that the agency can offer, such as all benefits, business, surety and personal lines coverage. In addition, refer vendors, friends, family etc. to the various producers in each department
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified niches. Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and making sales appointments
- Complete thorough discovery process with each prospect to determine where we can most effectively meet their needs through risk management and insurance programs. Collect detailed risk and underwriting information and work with benefits team to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage’s, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required
- Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration list with service team to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Appropriate Life and Health Agents/Brokers License in good standing
- Four- year degree from an accredited college or university or three years or more of successful business-to-business selling experience at one company
- Ability to manage increased levels of responsibility
- Minimum of 3 years insurance experience including strong knowledge of insurance terminology, concepts and coverage preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Agency Management Systems; ability to use Internet and adapt to new software programs and changes in technology
- Ability to set priorities and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to solve practical problems; deal with concrete variables in situations; and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to adapt to a paperless environment
- Ability to utilize social media marketing sources as well as traditional.
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.
firstname.lastname@example.org, Karrah Kelley 888-292-4440