Date Posted: May 15, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 297965
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Client Service Specialist position is to assist the sales and account management teams in servicing and retaining clients. This person also works to ensure client retention goals are met by responding promptly to requests from members of the production and account management staff.
- Participates in basic client services such as issuing Certificates of Insurance, Evidence of Property coverage and Auto ID Cards.
- Under the direction of the Commercial Lines Service Lead, orders various endorsements from carriers, confirms changes to client, follows-up on receipt of endorsements, verifies their accuracy and delivers to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals for the client.
- Processes a variety of documents such as policy audits, cancellations and reinstatements.
- Orders various reports, loss runs, MVR’s and follows-up on receipt.
- Upon request, assists with spreadsheets and premium allocations.
- Upon request, prepares summaries of insurance.
- Assists with invoicing.
- Handles or refers underwriters’ questions to the appropriate party.
- Maintains client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper documentation of files and proper communication in accordance with company workflow, procedures and best practices. Maintains a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of commercial lines of coverage
- Basic knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies.
- Proficient computer skills.