Date Posted: November 10, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 285733
Account Executive – Employee Benefits - Sales (Modesto, CA)
Our client, a full service and long established regional insurance agency in Modesto known for innovation and customer service is looking for a self-starter to take on a Sales Executive role in its Group Benefits Department. The Account Executive is responsible for the sales of a unique, large group employee benefits product through direct business to business marketing. Successful Account Executives will earn above industry compensation. Though based in Modesto, this person will have a Central Valley territory and can live anywhere in the Central Valley, however it will be required to be in-office frequently for initial training.
- Achieve objectives established in annual producer sales and marketing plan
- Learn and consistently train on the group benefits product and stay abreast with changes in the industry
- Prioritizes and manages work flow on desk, ensuring all processes are addressed per policies and procedures
- Work directly with marketing department to implement email and direct mail campaigns to support company branding and prospect appointment strategy
- Support and utilize webinars and seminars by personally inviting prospects and customers to events
- Be a spokesperson for the agency as well as a positive leader in the risk management industry. Promote agency and insurance industry in the community
- Set up and provide open enrollment meetings at employers’ offices to groups and individuals as requested.
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified niches.
- Complete thorough discovery process with each prospect to determine where we can most effectively meet their needs through risk management and insurance programs. Collect detailed risk and underwriting information and work with benefits team to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage’s, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business
- Introduce service team to clients and request that service calls be directed to them and forward all service related calls to assigned service team member
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required
- Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration list with service team to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Participate in ongoing staff and sales meetings as directed
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Active California Life and Health Agents/Brokers License in good standing
- Four- year degree from an accredited college or university or three years or more of successful business-to-business selling experience at one company
- This position requires a minimum of three years of employee benefits experience with demonstrated successful sales results.
- Ability to manage increased levels of responsibility
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Agency Management Systems; ability to use Internet and adapt to new software programs and changes in technology
- Ability to set priorities and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to solve practical problems; deal with concrete variables in situations; and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Strong negotiation and persuasive skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Starting salary plus commission split, expense reimbursement and a robust agency benefit package
- In-house training and customer service support
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.