El Dorado Hills, CA
Date Posted: September 20, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 282227
Underwriter/Account Manager – Commercial Lines - Sacramento, CA
Our client, a nationally licensed commercial wholesaler in the Folsom area, is looking for an experienced Underwriter with experience in providing insurance solutions for Homeowner’s Associations, Condos, Planned Unit Developments as well as other small business accounts. This company has grown consistently year over year and this position offers tremendous opportunity for growth.
- Review coverage applications for completeness, compliance and adherence to carrier partner underwriting guideline
- Market accounts to appropriate carriers for quotes
- Follow up with agents/clients with requests for missing information
- Provide and maintain excellent customer service standards; respond timely to questions from agents or brokers.
- Proactively solicit policy renewals per company timeline policy
- Prepare and deliver insurance proposals to agents
- Facilitate bind orders in a timely manner
- Assist with key metrics, such as, new business hit ratio, renewal retention ratio, premium growth and loss ratio formulating corrective action where necessary
- Build and maintain rapport with agents, brokers and insurance carriers
- Mentor and train Assistant Underwriters as needed
Required Skills and qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an Assistant Underwriter or Underwriting capacity
- Active California P&C license required
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Knowledge of coverage and regulatory issues in underwriting
- Excellent attention to detail; must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and ability to monitor own work to ensure quality
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Strong team player with excellent listening, interpersonal, facilitation, written, oral and communication skills
- Proven problem resolution and analytical skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently according to established procedures
- Strong computer experience – including agency management system experience such as AMS360 and/or comparable system, insurance rating/quoting system and Microsoft Office suite along with the ability to learn new and complex computer applications
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize and adapt quickly with minimal supervision
Compensation & Benefits
- Full time, direct hire position
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits, 401k with match and paid time off
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.