Date Posted: September 6, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 280368
Employee Benefits Assistant – Group Life & Health – Visalia, CA
If you have experience working in the administrative functions of group benefits you’ll want to explore this awesome career opportunity. Our client is seeking a strong, self-motivated candidate who has experience dealing with various sized employee groups, customer service and processing. The Employee Benefits Assistant will be responsible for assisting the department in the day-to-day management, processing and customer service or benefit groups.
- Responsible for providing backup to the customer service department by providing outstanding customer service
- Responsible for supporting the sales team in processing new business and assisting with marketing projects
- Stay organized and participate in daily and monthly team meetings
- Maintain current and accurate notes and files in customer database
- Complete client service tasks related to new business set up and applications as well as renewal applications and policy research
- Respond in a timely manner to client requests via email, phone and in person
- Occasional travel to clients place of business for open enrollment or proposal and/or renewal meetings as needed
- Active CA Life & Health Licensepreferred
- 1+ years' experience working with employee benefits or working in a strong administrative role
- Knowledge of multiple health and life insurance carriers a must
- High School Diploma required
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Proven ability to be self-motivated enough to get work done form a home office
- Very well organized ad able to handle multiple tasks with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, phone and in person in a sincere, kind and professional manner
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits package, paid time off and 401k
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.