Date Posted: June 30, 2017
Job ID: 271833
Agency Accounting Assistant – Insurance - Fresno, CA
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for assisting with the daily processing of Accounts Receivables and Payables for an insurance organization in Fresno. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of experience dealing with accounting functions within the insurance industry or related field. We are looking for an analytical person with extreme attention to detail.
- Receive premium checks and review for accuracy
- Distribute money and post to appropriate accounts
- Run appropriate reports and print invoices
- Conduct monthly reconciliation
- Pay vendor and other agency bills
- Assist in tracking agency financials
- Maintain and update all information in file
- 1+ year(s) experience in accounting with an insurance organization or familiarity with insurance related accounting required
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Experience dealing with an insurance agency management system such as TAM/Applies, EPIC, Sagitta, etc.
- Experience dealing with and reconciling multiple bank accounts
- Knowledge of billing/invoice reconciliation and commission statements
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly pay plus medical benefits, paid time off and 401k
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.