Date Posted: May 17, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 266041
Insurance Assistant – Personal & Commercial Lines
The Insurance Assistant’s primary responsibility is to support the departments in providing exemplary service to our clients. Primary duties include processing incoming submissions for all accounts; marketing high net worth and flood polices; supporting the department by processing endorsement requests and providing administrative support for the Department Manager.
- Monitor and review all incoming submissions mailbox
- Prepare and input approved submissions into incoming work queue per department guidelines and set up in AMS360.
- Process new, renewal and endorsement business for high value personal lines carriers
- Process new, renewal and endorsement business for both commercial and personal lines flood insurance
- Assist Department Manager with administrative duties as requested
- Assist team with data entry and market research on various submissions as needed
- Participate in high net worth carrier meetings, sharing appetite and other related information with entire team
- Develop complete understanding and knowledge of the company’s internal software systems and obtain the ability to instruct others in navigation
- Maintain quote service standards for both new business and endorsements
- Use all online resources such as AMS360, carrier websites, scanning software, etc.
- Keep apprised of trends and techniques to maintain a competitive status for the company
- Forward audit, renewal quotes and misc. carrier correspondence on existing policies to appropriate department
- Forward requests for service items to the Help desk for processing
- Maintain virtual underwriting files for carrier audits. (documenting transactions in AMS360)
- Learn and assist in the development in new workflows
- Demonstrate an understanding of all personal lines of business, including: auto, home, dwelling fire, umbrella, earthquake, flood and ancillary lines of business
- Maintain positive attitude with willingness to help find solutions for clients, carriers and co-workers
- Must be able to prioritize activities and have the ability to multi-task functions
- Must be a self-starter, well organized, display good written and verbal communication skills
- Participate in and attend seminars and/or other continuing education classes that are required for licenses (if any) or for knowledge and skill development
- Perform all functions of your job in a manner that will avoid any potential Errors and Omissions claims
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- A High School Diploma
- Possess a valid California P&C license
- Experience in the insurance industry with personal lines and some commercial exposure
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced multiple tasking, high levels of disruption and ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language and interpret abstract information
- Basic computer or data entry skills; a working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel, Outlook and Adobe are preferred
- Ability to fulfill job responsibilities through acceptable attendance and a positive attitude
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.