Date Posted: May 3, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 265527
Assistant Underwriter - Commercial Lines – Lodi, CA
Our client, and MGA in the Lodi area, is looking for an exceptional insurance professional who has a clear understanding of the commercial lines underwriting process as well as broad knowledge of the insurance industry as a whole. This individual supports collaborative business relationships, elicits client understanding and insight to advise and make recommendations. The individual exercises discretion and independent judgment and understands that the main objective is to meet revenue goals and maintain profitability.
- Review new and renewal business submissions for presentation to company underwriters
- Review new and renewal business submissions and prepare quoted within authority level
- Discuss quotes with producers
- Prepare quotes and binders
- Prepare coverage issuance forms for policy processing
- Issue notices of cancellation
- Maintain suspense system for documentation follow-up, renewal solicitation, etc.
- Must obtain general knowledge of insurance accounting system
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of five to seven years related experience in an MGA/binding department (i.e. Penn American, Scottsdale, Colony and Essex)
- P&C license required
- Ability to think independently and work under limited supervision
- Strong ability to self-motivate and stay proactive
- Excellent communication and computer skills
Compensation & Benefits
- This is aa full time, Direct Hire position offering benefits
- Employment status is exempt and offers a competitive salary that will depend on experience
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.