Citrus Heights, CA
Date Posted: April 27, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 263752
Personal Lines Department Manager - Insurance
Our client, an established agency in the Citrus Heights area, is seeking an experienced Personal Lines Manager to lead the department to success. This position will be responsible for driving business results and department growth by development and leadership of the department’s excellent talent. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a respected retail insurance agency. If you’re excited about Insurance and want to work with the best, we’d like to give you the opportunity to excel with our client’s dynamic team!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Ideal candidate will have proven experience and success the functions of management, marketing and sales of personal lines insurance products in a competitive market. Must be a strong leader with the ability to set expectations and follow through on steps to ensure those expectations are met.
- Maintain a strong understanding of personal lines insurance products, carriers, process and underwriting guidelines
- Serve as a coach, mentor and effective trainer
- Clearly set expectations for team
- Service a book a business while managing a team
- When necessary, assist with or take over any escalated client issues
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Prioritize and handle multi-task projects
- Initiate and foster rapport with staff, customers, insurance carriers and vendors
- Use of computer programs, software and outside web based systems such as Microsoft Office, agency management system, rating software and carrier rating and quoting systems
- Remain highly motivated and results-oriented
- Collaborate with other Department Managers and company Officers on various topics and projects
- 2+ years’ experience functioning in a high level management role within an insurance agency
- 5+ years’ experience in personal lines insurance dealing with multiple, preferred carriers
- Proven success in juggling multiple tasks including handling a book of business while managing the day-to-day duties of supervising a team
- Aptitude for keeping employees engaged, motivated and successful
- Ability to professionally handle employee issues/concerns
- Ability to lead by example
Compensation and Benefits
- Very competitive salary that will depend on experience plus Individual and team performance bonuses
- Medical benefits and voluntary plans offered
- Retirement planning and saving options with employer match
- Professional development assistance in continued education and designation courses
- Paid time off
- Employee appreciation and team building events
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! email@example.com, 888-292-4440