Walnut Creek - Employee Benefits Account Manager
If you have experience in employee benefits handling various sized groups, customer service and processing, we are looking for your expertise. Our client is seeking a strong, self-motivated candidate who can manage and maintain a book of business with little supervision. The Employee Benefits Account Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management, processing and customer service on the book of business.
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service to clients
- Process new business, market both new and renewal business
- Provide timely and courteous service and assistance to clients meeting or surpassing the customers’ expectations
- Stay organized with daily and monthly account management meetings and email correspondence to clients, carriers, etc.
- Maintain current and accurate customer database files by updating/uploading proper documentation
- Complete client service tasks related to new business set up and applications as well as renewal applications and policy research
- Occasional travel to clients place of business for open enrollment or proposal and/or renewal meetings as needed
- Active CA Life and Disability license - Required.
- Experience in both large group and mid-size
- 3+ years’ experience working with employee benefits
- Knowledge of multiple health insurance carriers a must
- High School Diploma required
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Knowledge of COBRA Administration a plus
- Proven ability to be self-motivated enough to get work done form a home office
- Very well organized ad able to handle multiple tasks with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, phone and in person in a sincere, kind and professional manner