San Rafael, CA
Date Posted: May 3, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 257564
Want to work for a top Insurance company in San Rafael, Los Gatos or SF? Want to work for a company where they truly value the, "work hard play hard mentality." If you are an experienced Commercial Lines Account Manager please apply!
Day-to-day service of a Commercial Lines book of business, including:
- Provide assistance to producers in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial lines accounts.
- Provide oversight of new and renewal commercial lines assigned book of business.
- Provide in-house customer service to clients as assigned and requested.
- Assist in the training, mentoring and development of your assigned Account Technician
- Coordinate expirations with producer and respective account tech to manage and obtain renewal information. Maintain expiration control log.
- Oversee marketing of renewal business, negotiate premium, coverage terms and conditions, prepare proposals and maintain current client file with all pertinent correspondence.
- Assist producers with new business as required, including marketing, client correspondence and proposal preparation.
- Continued advancement of technical knowledge in General Liability, Workers Compensation, Auto Liability, Umbrella Liability, Property, Professional Liability, and Management Liability lines.
- Execute binding coverage, updating files with new policy information and preparation of documents including invoices to clients.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems, and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer only when necessary.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Be familiar with and follow agency policies and procedures.
- Document all work performed, including maintaining electronic files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Participate and engage in continuing education with emphasis on topics related to technology companies
- Perform special projects and assist in staff training at management’s request.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 3+ Years in the insurance industry
- Experience with Applied System’s EPIC- preferred
- Proficiency to basic knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint)
- High School Degree or equivalent, 4-Year Undergraduate Degree preferred
- Must be licensed per state requirements
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have thorough understanding of commercial lines underwriting and coverages.
- Must be willing to be positive team player and take an active role in company events.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the employee.