Date Posted: September 26, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 196869
Commercial Underwriting Assistant - Commercial Insurance
We are looking for a commercial insurance Underwriting Assistant to support the underwriting department in all areas of the Underwriting process. The ideal candidate will be very analytical and detail oriented with some have experience in commercial insurance.
- Professionally call customers for missing information or documentation
- Handle accurate data entry
- Process endorsements and change requests per written instructions
- Assist with new business rating and file prep and verify and produce critical information for file documentation (dates, premium, policy numbers, claims reports, applicable forms, subject to items, etc.)
- Work directly with underwriters to obtain approval when necessary per team guidelines and authority levels
- Gather information needed for various lines of coverage
- Loss run reporting, MVR’s and other third party requests for information
- Prep files for audit and non-renewal
- Complete department specific reports, counts or projects
- P&C license preferred but not required
- 3+ years of experience in Underwriting Assistant work
- Experience and working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite including Access
- Knowledge of various commercial insurance risks including professional liability, EPLI, workers comp , general liability and property
- Strong attention to detail
- Task oriented with the ability to abruptly change direction
- This is a temporary to hire position
- Pay rate will vary based on experience
- Medical, dental and vision benefit plans offered through Insurance Relief during temp assignment
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.